Bank of Adelaide - Banknotes
The Bank of Adelaide was established in Adelaide by an Act of the South Australian Parliament in 1865. The organisation survived for 115 years until it was absorbed by the A. N. Z. Bank in 1980, and is now a part of the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited.
In 1911, the bank was one of 16 banks who supplied blank note forms to the Australian Government. These notes were superscribed as redeemable in gold and issued as the first Commonwealth notes.
Bank of Adelaide - 1870 to 1907
1, 5, 10, 20, 50 pounds notes were produced.
Bank of Adelaide - 1865 to 1878
1, 5, 10, 20 pounds notes were produced.